The economic downturn in 2008 caused a significant slowdown in new construction and the introduction of housing developments in the Toledo area. As the local economy began to re-gain steam and new construction activity picked up, existing lots in existing developments began to sell off while developers continued to hold off on introducing new developments. Today, the ideal building lot can be challenging to find.
Moline Builders developments offer building lots. However, if we don't have a development located where you would like to build we will be glad to assist you to identify and select a building lot for your new Moline Builders dream home.
Ten things you might need to consider when selecting a building lot:
1. Where do you want to live? ... In a development, in a rural area and etc.
2. Is a specific school system important to you?
3. How do property taxes compare from one area to another?
4. Do you want or need to be close to friends, work, doctors, restaurants, shopping, medical services, e-way access, etc.?
5. Does the lot have access to the utilities that you desire, such as public water, natural gas, electricity, public sewers, etc.?
6. Do the lot boundaries provide the area needed for the size home that you plan to build? Be sure to consider any set back requirements.
7. Are there deed restrictions for the lot or development that you need to be aware of?
8. Will you need to make grade changes by bringing in fill dirt, will mature trees have to be removed, etc.?
9. Is sun exposure important to you? For instance, if you desire shade on the patio in the evening or want morning sun in a certain room will the lot you select allow correct exposure for your house plan.
10. Will you be in close proximety to services like Fire and Rescue and Police?
Be sure to select a builder that has the experience necessary to help you select the building lot that is right for you. Moline Builders brings a wealth of knowledge and experience as you make important decisions, like the selection of a building lot.
To review Lucas County effective property taxes rates, by area ... CLICK HERE